HOW WE RANK
Our Choice 2023
- Vitamins C, D, K, B6, Zinc, and Probiotics
- Third-Party Lab-Tested
- Made in a GMP-certified facility
- Includes Reishi and Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
- 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Based on 3732 Reviews of Primal Harvest
Key Ingredients To Look For
Do immune support supplements work? This is what you need to know...
Keeping your immune system up and running is important for staying healthy all year long.
Our immune system relies on proper nutrition, enough sleep and an active lifestyle. Some deficiencies and poor lifestyle habits may have an impact on immune health. So-called “immune boosters” are typically supplements that contain key vitamins and minerals to support and maintain healthy immune responses and support a nutritional foundation. Some may also contain other ingredients like herbs and extracts that are thought to be helpful for supporting immune health.*
Not sure where to start when it comes to choosing an immune support supplement? Here are some common ingredients found in immune support supplements:
Try To Avoid...
DISCLAIMER: This scientific research is for informational purposes only. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Primal Harvest provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. This information should not be read to recommend or endorse any specific products.
 Marshall JS, Warrington R, Watson W, Kim HL. An introduction…. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2018;14(Suppl 2):49. Published 2018 Sep 12. doi:10.1186/s13223-018-0278-1
 Wiertsema SP, van Bergenhenegouwen J, Garssen J, Knippels LMJ. The Interplay between the Gut Microbiome and the Immune System …. Nutrients. 2021;13(3):886. Published 2021 Mar 9. doi:10.3390/nu13030886
To see a list of our other references, please click here.
- Vitamin C, D3, and zinc
- Vegetarian capsules
- Contains elderberry and echinacea
- Doesn't contain pre- or probiotics
The Advance Immune Defense by Immunetti is a doctor-formulated dietary supplement featuring vitamin C, vitamin D3, zinc, garlic bulb, elderberry, and echinacea. These vegetarian, gluten-free capsules are designed to be taken twice per day. Although this is a quality formula offered at a reasonable price, it does not contain pre- or probiotics.
- Contains vitamin C, D, and zinc
- Good for those who like vitamin drinks
- No probiotics
- Includes added sugars
- 35 calories per serving
Emergency C Immune+ is an individually packaged dissolvable powder that creates an orange drink when mixed with water. This popular formula features 1000mg of vitamin C with vitamin D, zinc, antioxidants, and electrolytes. Emergen-C Immune+ includes a wide range of vitamins and minerals. However, it does not contain probiotics, includes added sugars, and is 35 calories per serving (which may be important to note for those watching their sugar and/or calorie intake). Though the individual packets are convenient for travel, they are not necessarily the most eco-friendly.
by Moon Juice
- Contains vitamin C and zinc
- Third-party tested
- Lacks vitamin B and probiotics
- No money-back guarantee
SuperPower by Moon Juice is also a solid formula because it contains 900 mg of vitamin C, 30 mg of zinc, and is third-party tested. The serving size is just 1 capsule a day with the option to take up to 3 if needed. However, the formula lacks probiotics and vitamin B. You may also want to note that it doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.
3. Umzu Immune
- Vitamins C, D, zinc, and magnesium
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- No mention of being third-party tested
- No probiotics
- Lower amounts of zinc
Immune by Umzu features ingredients such as vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, vitamin D, and botanicals. It is a fairly priced, once-daily supplement with a serving size of 2 capsules, and comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee. However, it does not include probiotics and the quantity of zinc is lower than some of the other products on this list. Additionally, the brand doesn’t mention third-party testing on their website, this is a factor to keep in mind when buying supplements.
1. Primal Immune Defense
- Only available online
- Due to high demand, sometimes runs out of stock
- Features vitamins C, D3, K2, and B6 and zinc
- Contains prebiotics, probiotics, plus adaptogenic mushrooms
- Includes black pepper extract
- Produced in GMP-certified facility
- Made in the USA with globally sourced ingredients
- 90-day money-back-guarantee
Primal Immune Defense by Primal Harvest is an immune support supplement that combines vitamins like C, B6, D3, and K with zinc, prebiotics, and 7 billion CFUs of probiotics. This unique formula blends these with the adaptogenic mushrooms reishi and lion's mane, as well as black pepper extract. It comes in a 2-capsule daily serving size, making it convenient to add to any wellness routine. As all high-quality supplements should be, Primal Immune Defense is third-party lab tested and made in the USA in a GMP-certified facility with globally sourced ingredients. The brand also offers a convenient Subscribe & Save program which means you can order this formula through their convenient and hassle-free subscription service. By signing up for a subscription you get 20% off all products plus free shipping. To top it off, the brand offers a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Top Immune Support Supplements 2023
What To Look For
What To Avoid
SuperPower by Moon Juice
Umzu Immune by UMZU
Advanced Immune Defence by Immuneti
Vitamin C (at least 300mg)
Zinc (at least 20mg)
Does Not Only Contain Vit C
No Added Sugar
90d Money-Back Guarantee
*We try to update product information as often as we can. Please visit product websites for more information.
4. Advanced Immune Defense
Top Immune Support Supplements 2023: What To Know And What To Try To Avoid
- Glorified vitamin C supplements - If you’re going to spend money on an immune support supplement, it might make sense to look for one that has a more diverse range of ingredients.
- Supplements without probiotics - Supporting gut health may help to keep immune health in check. Look out for immune supplements that don’t provide holistic support that also targets the gut.
- Supplements using sugar/sweeteners - Sugar is generally known to negatively impact immune and overall health. It’s a good idea to keep an eye out for supplements that include added sugar or artificial sweeteners in their product - especially if you’re watching your sugar intake.
- Lack of third-party testing - Choose a supplement that has been independently third-party lab tested and manufactured in a GMP-certified facility to ensure safety and quality.
- Zinc – This key mineral is important for immune function and is a key nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system (and much more).*
- Vitamin C – Probably the most popular immune support vitamin, this powerful antioxidant plays a key role in providing immune support and supporting oxidative stress.*
- Pre & Probiotics – Maintaining gut health is believed to be connected to immune health. Researchers have found that 70-80% of immune cells are present in the gut. Pre- and probiotics are thought to help support gut health and balance.* 
- Vitamin D – This fat-soluble vitamin is important for many things, including supporting immune health.*
- Vitamin B – B vitamins, including B12 and B6, are important for maintaining healthy immune responses. A deficiency may negatively affect immune health.*
- Vitamin K – Another fat-soluble vitamin, vitamin K is needed for a variety of bodily functions including supporting bone health. Researchers think it may also be helpful for supporting a healthy immune system.*
- Other Ingredients: Different herbal and plant extracts like garlic, turmeric, mushrooms like reishi, lion’s mane, and maitake are believed to also offer immune support, amongst other benefits.*